Elite Coaches Pathway
At Garville our aim is to re-establish our reign as “THE GREAT GREYS” once more in South Australian Netball. Our coaches are encouraged to follow our Elite Coaches Pathway which establishes coaching for our players at the highest possible level.
We provide our coaches with
- Garville New Coaching Manual (Includes all relevant Coaching resources)
- Coaching Accreditation Courses facilitate by Netball SA, reimbursement by the Garville Netball Club.
- Direct liaison and monitoring of programs.
Mentoring Program and Review protocols.
If you are interested in advancing or simply just starting out as a Coach, please contact us on email@example.com
Training and Games
Garville Netball Club plays and trains (only AMND season) at Netball SA Priceline Stadium, Railway Terrace Mile End in both the City Night (Summer) and AMND (Winter) competitions.
Trainings for the AMND season are normally held on Monday evenings at the Priceline Stadium Netball SA between 6.00pm – 9.00pm. Please note that the club does not train during the City Night Season (Oct-Mar).
Garville are seeking coaches for the 18/19 Summer Season and the 2019 Winter season. If you are interested in coaching please email your name and qualifications/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Play By The Rules
To complete the Play By The Rules online training course, go to Play by the Rules then click on the menu item “Online training”. Complete the “Click here to register for online training”, then select the course “Discrimination and Harassment Courses – Coaches”.
It is a requirement of Netball SA pursuant to its member protection policy that all coaches should undergo police checks. For this to happen, the coach must complete an application form online, which is available by clicking the link
The Police Clearance Certificate is free.
- Complete the Application form as follows:
- Applicant Details – self-explanatory
- Purpose of Check – Netball Coach
- Category – Working with Children/Vulnerable Groups
- Check Type – VOAN Volunteer
- Fingerprints – leave blank
- Consent – Do not sign this until you attend the police station because it must be signed in front of a police officer at the same time as you produce your proof of identity.
- Print the form
- Take the form and your proof of identity to your local police station where you will be asked to sign the consent in front of the police officer. The police will then complete other sections of the form and return it to you.
- Return the Original Police Check application form to the Coaching Development Officer (either in person or to Garville Netball Club PO Box 283 Woodville SA 5011). The Coaching Development Officer will hand the forms to Netball SA, who will then complete the Volunteer Authority section. This will include inserting the VOAN number, which will enable the check to be done without charge.
- Netball SA will send the application to the Police Records Unit.
- The National Police Certificate will be returned directly to you (this may take a few weeks). The certificate remains the property of the applicant and is granted for a twelvemonth period.
- Arrange for the Coaching Development Officer to sight either the original or a copy of the National Police Certificate, this can be achieved by mailing a copy of the Certificate to: Garville Netball Club, PO Box 283, WOODVILLE SA 5011
Garville Head Coach Jackie Blyth